Take the Guesswork Out of Training with the XC Training System (XCTS).
Together we can get your athletes fit and take your program to the next level.XC Training System (XCTS)
"This spring I purchased Jay's Track Training System, and it is easily the best coaching resource I have encountered."
"Jay's training philosophy has transformed our program, made me a better coach, and made my job more manageable and fulfilling.
I look forward to using the XC training system he's developing just in time for our summer training."
- Mike Weiss, Charlotte Latin School
Check out the XC Training System in this concise video.
There’s no reason it should take you years to make your program one of your state’s best. While I can’t help you with the challenging work of recruiting talent, I can take the guesswork of training and help you learn a system that works in any environment, one you can own over the coming years.
XC Training System (XCTS) course includes:
21 Weeks of Training
Daily workouts for athletes of all levels, from your upperclassman to the athletes with "no prior training." You'll have everything you need from the first day in June through November and December.
Pre- and Post-Run Training
Detailed pre- and post-run routines that match the intensity of the workout. A video library of each is included and accessible through the app.
"Coaching the Coach"
I answer questions regularly throughout the season, helping you implement the training. I'll host regular webinars to answer questions about the training, plus questions answered with each video module.
Praise for the Track Training System (TTS)
"One of the best decisions I've made as a coach is reaching out to Jay about the Track Training System."
One of the best decisions I’ve made as a coach in the past six years is reaching out to Jay about TTS.
As a coach of both middle school & high school teams and a busy mom of two teenage boys, TTS has given me the ability to focus on coaching my athletes without struggling to write training plans.
TTS is well thought out, easily executed and every single one of my high school athletes has improved with this training system.
As an athlete myself, I have always believed in the importance of trusting your coach, having faith in the training plan and understanding how the plan works.
Jay’s webinars have assisted me in explaining the hows & whys behind every aspect of TTS. They are having fun, running injury free, showing up for practices consistently and creating a great foundation for the future of our program!
Thank you, Jay, for sharing your expertise, experience, enthusiasm and passion for the sport! I can’t wait for XCTS!!!
Jennifer Found, AR
"Kids PR'd and remained healthy throughout the season."
I decided to use the TTS this winter/spring for a few of my runners with events ranging from 800-3200m.
We went 100% on PR's for all athletes that followed the TTS closely throughout the season. Top 3 boys were 9:36, 9:38, 9:42 in the 3200m, as well as 4:27, 4:29, 4:35 in the 1600m.
The two big takeaways for me are that the kids PR'd and remained healthy throughout the season. As a result they are fired up about the fall XC season!
Chance Edwards, TX
Is your program where you want it to be? If not, ask yourself these three questions:
- Do I have an optimal training plan for my athletes that I’m confident will lead to them running to their potential?
- Do I fully understand how to integrate pre- and post-run work into a session?
- Am I making the right adjustments during the season to help athletes run fast and get my team to the next level?
If your program isn't where you think it can be, then 2022 is the time to take it to the next level.
The Best Coaches Do This
The best coaches have spent years devising and refining a training plan that works for them. Patient trial and error, with good note keeping and logical adjustments, result in a useful system.
But there’s a better way. I can speed up this process and help you and your program make a jump this summer, rather than several seasons from now. Plus, a great cross country season will propel your program to a fantastic outdoor track season.
Coach Jay's knowledge of the body and how it performs best leads to his incredible ability to turn a runner into a finely-tuned machine.
His track and strength workouts led me to a national title at the US Cross Country Championships.
- Brent Vaughn, former Nike and University of Colorado Runner
A system that works in any environment
I’ve coached for more than two decades, including three USATF champions (including cross country) and multiple Olympic Trials qualifiers. I’ve written dozens of training plans for high school athletes and coaches. As a result, I have a system that will work in any environment. Once you learn the system, you can make minor adjustments to optimize the training for you. I’ll share all the details of my system, with volumes and intensities appropriate for high school athletes of varying training ages.
The XC System (XCTS)
If you join me this Summer for my XCTS course, you’ll get access to:
- Multiple training plans for all levels of athletes
- A video library of all pre- and post-run routines you can watch on your phone at the track
- Videos explaining the rationale behind each workout
- Videos explaining the rationale behind each phase of training
- Monthly webinars from June through December to answer questions about the training (all webinars will be recorded)
- Priority email support from Jay throughout the summer and fall
- Articles and video updates throughout the season to help you implement the training
Praise for the Track Training System (TTS)
"Everything Jay said would be in the TTS was there - the training plans, pre and post work, webinars, videos...even the PR’s!
I can’t wait to get going with the XC season training!"
Just wanted you to know how beneficial the TTS has been to me this track season.
I’ve purchased other digital books and courses to help me become a better coach. Sadly, most of them have ended up as an unused digital file on my computer because they weren’t easy to follow or implement. Jay has designed TTS to be easily usable. Available on an app, the videos and training plans are broken down into easy to find sections within the TTS, making it quick to find what you need, print or watch, and implement. Many of the videos I’ve watched multiple times; and, as I learn from Jay and become more experienced with the principles of training, the videos become more helpful.
The TTS also included several live webinars. Jay’s excitement and passion for helping high school athletes is evident especially during the webinars. He is eager to answer questions, clarify details of how to execute a specific workout, and share the “why” behind so many of the principles he teaches. I’m still fairly new to coaching and needed help being certain that the volume and intensity I assigned an athlete was right. Jay helped me figure that out and was always available to help me adjust the plans to fit my meet schedule.
Everything Jay said would be in the TTS was there - the training plans, pre and post work, webinars, videos...even the PR’s! Can’t wait to get going with the XC season training!
A bit about me
I’ve coached high school, collegiate, and professional runners for more than two decades, including three USATF champions in cross country, indoor track, and road racing. I studied kinesiology and applied physiology at the University of Colorado, where I was a member of the varsity cross country team featured in Chris Lear's cult-classic Running with the Buffaloes. I earned my M.S. in Kinesiology and Applied Physiology from CU in 2000. I ran modest PRs of 3:49.5/1,500m, 8:20/3,000m, 14:20/5,000m and 30:15/10,000m.
I’ve written two books. Consistency Is Key: 15 Ways to Unlock Your Potential as a High School Runner was published in June 2020 and has sold over 12,000 copies. Simple Marathon Training: The Right Training for Busy Adults with Hectic Lives has helped hundreds of runners toe the starting line injury-free and ready to PR.
I‘ve written for brands such as Nike, sites like PodiumRunner.com, and magazines including the much beloved but defunct Running Times. I’ve been quoted in several publications, including Wired, Outside, and Runner's World.
Here’s how we’ll work together to help athletes run fast this fall
- You’ll enroll in the XCTS and get immediate access to all training videos, training documents, plus the pre- and post-run videos.
- You’ll start with the quick-start video explaining how to use the Kajabi app. You can watch these videos on any device.
- Then you’ll watch videos (some as short as two minutes, others 20+ minutes) before assigning your athletes the training. You've got to understand the system before you can implement the system!
- Next, you’ll study the Phase 1 training videos and training documents. Phase 1 starts the first week the athletes train and ends when official state-sanctioned practice starts in late July or August.
- You'll add the webinar dates and times to your calendar. All webinars are recorded and if you can’t make it live, you can still ask questions in the app that Jay will answer during the webinar.
- You can also ask questions in the section for each video and training document. Jay will answer those via video and text, depending on the best way to communicate/teach.